Today, I had the most tiring day in MMU. After church round 12:30pm, I'm suppose to help out in MMU for decorations. Since time is short, I rushed to the hawker centre and bought packets of 'zhap fan' for lunch and rushed to Elaine's house. I was using my mother's car. It was quite lucky that I do so because Elaine had many other big decoration things to carry and my mum's car is big enough to carry them all once. Then, we went to JJ to buy chocolate paper for our decoration. Well, I can say that having a car is so fantastic!

In MMU, Elaine, me, Zheng Xian, Jasmine and Michelle each had our own job to do. Me and Elaine were drawing, cutting and pasting the tree trunk while the other 3 were crumpling tissue papers. All of these items are to use for later as materials for our blossom tree. It was such a tiring job!!! We had to squad down most of the time and decorate it! Even when we reached the part of simply pasting up our so-called 'blossoms' (which was actually all the crumpled tissue papers)! Though sitting down, our hands didn't stop moving! All of us were working hard! What I am most disappointed was when some of the committees came in and saw that some of us were taking a short break from out job and claimed that we weren't doing our job! How can they accused us like that? Is just happened that we were taking a break while they came by! Haven't they know that we were having a hard time decorating our partition? Our sweat, groans, pain, worries and difficulties, did they ever know? I even felt that all our efforts won't be appreciated by them! Oh, how can they!!!! I was SO pissed off at that time!!!!

Luckily, I managed to sneak back home to take my 30 mins bath and dinner. My parents were complaining that I'm not spending enough time for my studies. Haven't they understand that University life is not all about study? Life is so boring if I were to be a NERD!! Round 8:30pm, all working committees were to gather in a small lecture hall for our event briefing. Shockingly, I only knew that tomorrow is our event opening ceremony! Oops, my fault, sorry! Yea, finally the boiling point arrived. I wasn't really pleased by the way the leader treated us and also some of their branch leaders. Those branch leaders were also sharing the same kind of burden as them and why are they treating them as though they are their servants that must do all the leader's bid dings? Aren't we all a BIG FAMILY??? If so, why am I not feeling welcomed and accepted by them? How come there isn't a tinge of warmth in my heart? If we ARE a FAMILY, I assumed that at least all our hard work would be appreciated but not always criticizing the working com ms for not doing our job. Selling cultural night tickets are different from selling movie tickets. We can't force people to come and watch a culture which they are not familiar with. Chances of meeting people with this certain kind of interest is low and even there is, those people are already in the committee!!! How are we supposed to sell out that much? Yes, I agree that with our man power we can sell a lot, but have they considered from the buyers' point of view? Many of them are students and some of them are having exams, projects, assignments at this peak period of time. Even if I could find some people who are interested to come for the night, they also can't give me an absolute answer because they are still considering. I still can't imagine why people can force the committee so hard to sell tickets and saying that they are not doing their job. I don't feel this is a way to motivate us. Instead, they are like killing our confidences and spirit. Why man? Don't have to do that! We know our job and we ARE doing it!!! We are trying our best to do our job!!! Can't you guys think from our point of view before coming into a conclusion? Care for us a little and you'll understand!! You said we ARE A BIG FAMILY!!!

Sometimes I feel that it's not easy to become a leader which everyone respects. You may be the brightest student in the class but you cannot portray a leader's quality, is just like putting sheep skin on a lamb. What a good leader must have is the most basic of all-personal relationship and delegation. A good leader will never come into conclusion before they tell somebody off. Besides, good leaders will know when to motivate team members and make them feel their work are being appreciated, not condemning all the way!!!! Moreover, leaders will know good manners!!! When people do work for them, they will say 'thanks!!!' and end up with a sincere smile :) !!! Come on, it's just so simple!!! And then people will start to like you!!! Then, delegation. I don't think I want to further elaborate on this delegation topic because I believe every leader know about it and how to do it. The most important thing is, never pressure the members too much until they can't stand the workload! Yes, becoming a leader is not easy but these basics are a MUST!!!! If not, I find it hard to work along with other members. All it counts is what comes from the inside. If we can do such a grand event but the committees are not united, all of these would be just a say; not a solid legend.

All of us can be leaders, but can we become a great leader??? Is always a question mark in our hearts.